When CBR Qld received written confirmation from NDIS that your home modifications have been approved the following steps occur.
- Someone from our office will call you within 5 working days to confirm we have received the approval
- A job file will be created, and a site check measure appointment will be booked within 14 working days of receiving approval, your work will be scheduled, and you can expect this to be up to 6-8weeks depending on current workload
- At the check measure appointment, you will be provided with a contract, a selection process flyer, a scheduled date for works to commence, a copy of the plan and schedule timeline as well as any other relevant information.
- Once you have made your selections with our suppliers, we will organise the materials required for your works.
- Things will be quiet now so don’t expect a call until a week or two out from your scheduled start date – but rest assured we will contact you if there is going to be any delays or changes
- One week before – we will call to check you are all well and if you have any questions
- Two days before – we will call to confirm our attendance and provide any updates
- Whilst on site – our staff and trade contractors will let you know when they will be coming next and if you have any queries whilst works are being carried out the correct process is to speak with our office on 0457 326981 or email firstname.lastname@example.org who will liaise with the site supervisor and ensure your queries are answered within 24 hours.
- On completion of works – our site supervisor will visit and check of works that have been carried out, and once this is done, we email you a link to our feedback survey.
Can I add or amend the scheduled works that have been approved?
We are only permitted to carry out works as per the agreed quotation and home modification request originally submitted to NDIS which has been approved. However, we are able to provide you with a quote for any additional works that do not interfere with the modifications prescribed by your Occupational Therapist or Healthcare Professional.
How long will it take?
All home modifications can differ in the time it takes to complete, the main disrupter of a home is a bathroom modification and you can expect this to take between 2-4weeks dependant on the size and works to be carried out.
Can I be in the home while the work is carried out?
- Generally, the answer is yes, essential daily activities are not prohibited by the works taking place
- The work area will generally be out of bounds and this will be discussed with you prior to works going ahead.